Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare lending and ancillary product documents for loans to be disbursed or modified.
- Close loans with members via face-to-face or e-sign platforms.
- Prepare and track title and other security documents on loan collateral.
- Back up other lending functions (sales, underwriting, etc.) as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of lending compliance and industry trends.
- Perform other clerical duties regarding lending as needed.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- High school diploma and minimum two years’ experience in lending environment. Mortgage lending experience preferred but not required.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment.
- Superb proficiency with core processing systems, loan origination systems, digital channels, and electronic delivery systems. Minimum typing speed of 50wpm. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to use Adobe or other like software to complete and view fillable documents.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures. Ability to organize thoughts in written and/ or oral form in a professional and grammatically correct manner, so that the recipient may easily understand the contents.
- Ability to analyze member requests and apply credit union procedures which best serve the member. Ability to explain loan documents to members in a manner in which they understand.
- Ability to calculate interest accrued per day on loans. Ability to calculate minor calculations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and figuring percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods and to walk to other locations in building as necessary to complete work. Ability to push heavy doors as necessary to gain access to areas needing entry to complete work. Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch to complete other tasks as necessary.
Qualified applicants can apply online by clicking here. Altamaha Federal Credit Union offers a very competitive salary and benefits package. A clean criminal background, drug screen, and credit check will be required for employment at Altamaha Federal Credit Union. Altamaha Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer.